Return to Learn
SASAKWA PUBLIC SCHOOLS RETURN TO LEARN AUGUST 2020
OPTION A (for P3-12th grade)
● Remain enrolled in Sasakwa Public Schools
● Attend school daily in a traditional, face-to-face classroom environment
● Engage in a variety of learning experiences with teachers and peers
● Continue to access educational technology supports
● Continue to access all courses and activities offered at Sasakwa Public Schools
● Continue to access guidance and counseling, media centers and other student programs as needed
If necessary, at-school learning will move to distance learning online.
OPTION B (for KG-12th grade)
● Virtual Learning through Sasakwa Public Schools
● Remain enrolled in Sasakwa Public Schools
● Access learning activities via Sasakwa Public Schools online platforms
● Progress will be monitored by a certified Sasakwa Public Schools teacher
● Receive supplemental instructional support for coursework from a certified Sasakwa Public Schools teacher
● Requires at-home parental guidance and support during learning activities and course work.
● Have access to guidance and counseling services, media centers, and other student programs as needed
● A technology device and internet access support will be provided if needed
● May participate in athletics if the following is adhered to:
○ Attend athletics daily per coach’s instructions.
○ Follow all other guidelines for athletes per Sasakwa Public Schools and OSSAA
● Student(s) must login daily and do their work in order to be counted as present. After 10 non-logins students will automatically fail the course.
● Attendance policies will be the same for Virtual as Traditional students.
● Once signed up for virtual learning, the student will not be able to switch to another learning option until the end of the fall semester.
SCHOOL BUILDING AND BUS PROCEDURES PHASE I
ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF WILL BE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR A MASK OR SHIELD. THIS CAN CHANGE TO MANDATORY IF COLOR CODING SYSTEM IS CHANGED TO RED OR HEALTH DEPARTMENT REQUIRES MASKS.
1. Masks will be highly encouraged on the premises.
2. Students in classes led by teachers who are at risk, will be required to wear masks or will not be allowed in close proximity to teacher.
1. Temperatures will be taken of all bus passengers before boarding. A temperature over 100 will cause a student to be put off the bus.
2. Open Windows for circulation of air.
3. Disinfectant guns will be used after morning route.
4. Hand sanitizing is required as a student enters the bus.
5. Social Distancing is required when able to skip every other seat.
6. If a bus driver suspects a child may be ill, that student will be isolated in a seat.
1. Daily Cleaning every evening.
2. Daily Sanitizing of everything for everything using an Electro-Magentic Disinfectant machine.
3. Teachers will be required to sanitize desks and equipment several times a day. We will provide spray bottles etc…
4. Hand Sanitizing stations will be in each classroom.
5. Hand Sanitizing will be required several times a day.
6. The Fill Station portion of water fountains will be recommended.
7. ALL VISITORS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS IN THE BUILDING.
8. No Open Houses… Few parent meetings…No visitors unless Authorized by the principal.
ENTERING THE SCHOOL:
1. All students are expected to have completed a home screening before going to school each and every day.
2. Each student will have a required temperature check each day before entering their school building.
3. Any student who has a temperature over 100 or above upon entering, will be isolated until picked up by a parent. Any student who has a fever will not be allowed to come to school for 48 hours from onset without fever reducing medication. If you child tests positive for Covid-19 they must remain quarantined for 10 days and all members of the household must quarantine also.
1. No large gatherings allowed during that time. Before 7:40 AM, students will be social-distanced in the cafeteria.
2. Breakfast will be served as usual.
LUNCH TIME: Social Distancing Guidelines will be followed as much as possibly allowed. Tables by grade level will be implemented.
These will be monitored and numbers controlled in the restrooms at all times.
SICK STUDENT/TEACHER PROTOCOL:
1. Any student or teacher who has a fever upon entering, or one who develops fever and or symptoms of Covid-19 will be isolated until picked up by a parent. The student or teacher who has a 100 temperature or above will not be allowed to come to school for 48 hours until temperature is normal without the use of fever reducing medications.
2. Exposure situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
S hould the district have multiple students in a short period who have become infected with
t he Covid-19 Virus, Sasakwa Public Schools may implement PHASE II. The Superintendent also h as the discretion to shut down anytime the situation warrants it.
SCHOOL SITES WILL BE SHUT DOWN FOR 24 Hours for thorough cleaning and sanitization Buses:
1. Daily Sanitization will continue.
2. Masks/Face Shields will be highly encouraged.
1. We will use the same protocols as in PHASE I.
If deemed necessary, we will suspend all extracurricular activities for as long as necessary.
PHASE III will be enacted in the case of a state required shutdown or if Sasakwa experiences a surge of cases in any given week.
1. THE DISTRICT WILL GO TO VIRTUAL EDUCATION DISTRICT WIDE UNTIL IT IS SAFE TO RETURN.
1. ALL ACTIVITIES WILL BE SUSPENDED.
1. Cleaning and sanitization will continue on a daily basis.
We will have a plan in place to provide meals daily to students.